[NCLUG] Lost printer access

Rho Green greenr at cs.colostate.edu
Fri Dec 7 23:55:06 MST 2001

I'm a new Linux user, so you will have to bear with me and speak
"simply" so I can understand :P.

I seem to have lost printing capabilities.  I saw an error when I booted
up saying that it could not open /dev/lp0.  I tried to print something,
and nothing happened.  Then I went to /var/spool/lpd/HP-Deskjet-722C and
looked at the file status.HP-Deskjet-772C and it said the same that that
boot up told me; 'cannot open /dev/lp0' No such device or address.

I remember configuring my printer using xfprint, but not xfprint does
not even seem to run now. Ack!

Thanks for the help
Rho Green