[NCLUG] Cable modems?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 8 13:13:09 MST 2001

It's 1pm, and I just looked at the cable modem.  It's got link and all that
stuff.  I wasn't able to get DHCP working on it, but I did come up and snag
an address in what it seemed like was getting used.  Lots of ARP requests
going by, so it looks like SOME people are active.

I was able to get out with that IP I snagged, and things looked ok.  I just
did a largeish download that usually runs at 400KB/sec and up, and only saw
around 130KB/sec (across 20MB).  I can't believe AT&Ts assertion that
regular users won't notice that their downloads are suddenly taking up to
4x longer...

 Jackie Trehorn treats objects like women, man...
                 -- _The_Big_Lebowski_