[NCLUG] More "Loopy" Questions

bmc brettcrandall at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:17:22 MST 2002

Sean,
I didn't really give up ( I just can't for some reason) thanks for all your
help. I was able to figger out on my own how to make loop devices. ( see I
do read some) and now I have 50 lop devices and the modprobe command worked
great!
My last issue is to figure out where and how to make a script to have this
start up this way all the time as the default is still set to 8 loop
devices. I suppose I'd need to actually run it before it has a chance to
mount all the FS so that I don't have to create a script that will umount
all 50 images. Can you recommend a page with some documentation for this?
Well I guess I had better state that I don't really know what to search on
to begin with because I'm not sure where this would be done (rclocal?)
Thanks again Sean and Matthew.
Brett
Ps. I ran across The Hacking Society page. Is this Kernel hacking or just
general program hacking. I looked for a page that kinda stated what exactly
you guys do at your meetings and I saw the minutes section but not sure what
you guys actually do there.