[NCLUG] MUA

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Thu Feb 14 13:21:16 MST 2002

Thus spake J. Paul Reed:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Mike Loseke wrote:
>
> >  I'm suffering from your same dilemna though, I'd like to move to a new
> >  MUA for work (gui) but so far mozilla sucks too many eggs to even think
> >  about trying it's mail client.
>
> Really?
>
> I'm a relatively loyal pine user (tried mutt for awhile, but just couldn't
> get into it), but I've used Mozilla Mail for news, and it seemed fine.
>
> Maybe mail is flakier than news, but the 0.9.7/0.9.8 releases seemed usable
> in that regard.
>
> Maybe someone else has more concrete data?

 My experience with mozilla to date is that when you have several browser
windows open, and I generally do have quite a few open, its ability to
render in one window and leave the other windows usable is nonexistent. I
kind of like the ability to be able to keep reading one page while
simultaneously loading several others. In my eperience, mozilla can't do
it. Haven't got around to trying out the mail client yet because of that.

 Just waiting for a 1.0+ release I guess.

--
   Mike Loseke    | Eagles may soar, but weasels
 mike at verinet.com | aren't sucked into jet engines.