[NCLUG] Re: Backspace

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Fri Feb 22 17:11:39 MST 2002

	John's email looks promising, in that he mentions a few things I haven't
	stumbled across on my own yet.  Perhaps it's in there somewhere -- I'll let
	y'all know when I find it.
	--Rich

Start with a virtual ascii console and the shell ... that limit's the interaction
to kbdconfig, and stty, for the shell and most simple ascii applications. Applications
using the Curses library (like VI) will also be subject to the keyboard map in the
curses input library.

Then move to some flavor of Xterm ... you then become subject to mapping in the
Xserver, the Xterm, and the ptty used by the xterm. Much of that is controllable
via xresource files.

Have fun,
John