[NCLUG] Backspace victorious!

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Thu Feb 28 13:50:46 MST 2002

Hey, all
	After banging on the backspace issue all afternoon yesterday, I gave up in a
miasma of frustration and self-doubt.  I spent yesterday evening trying to
get hpijs and my USB-connected HP 810C to play nice, which also ended in
failure.  So imagine my surprise when my wife sends me a message this morning
saying, "Hey, the backspace works now.  That's nice."  That's nice, indeed;
it was also news to me that I had succeeded.
	Apparently, I should have been restarting X every time I made a change?
Either that, or she's secretly a *nix admin and got tired of my bumbling.  I
remember trying to figure out how to bounce X in case it was relevant, and
giving up on it.  Perhaps I should have given that issue a little more time
;^)
	Anyway, because of the stealth nature of the solution, I don't know who to
thank.  I suspect that Mike and John are the likeliest candidates, but a warm
thanx to everyone who offered an opinion or suggestion.

	Now, on to printing and scanning....
--Rich