[NCLUG] ds: no socket drivers loaded!

Christopher C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:30:00 MST 2002

No, I didn't touch the kernel at all.  Just installed the driver for the
modem (rpm package), instructions said nothing about building a new
kernel.  I don't have any PCMCIA support, correct me if I'm wrong, but
PCMCIA I thought was only needed for laptops.
The loading of that driver must of messed up something with startup
scripts or something.  Because the network driver is not being loaded
even if I boot with my backup kernel, which is suppose to be my safety
net when I screw up my default kernel.