[NCLUG] DSL questions

CJ Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Wed Sep 10 09:39:17 MDT 2003

Hello,
      Finally have DSL coverage in my area, so am now thinking about
getting it.  Have couple of questions for those who have DSL.

1. I'm thinking of getting just the basic DSL package from Qwest.  But
they say I have to have an ISP provider.  What is this for?  If Qwest
gives me an IP and gateway, why do I need an ISP????
2. What DSL modem works best with Linux?  How much is it?
3. If I do have to have an ISP account, which is best for Linux?

Thanks...

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'"