[NCLUG] Asterisk & T1

jeff jeff at themoes.org
Tue Apr 26 20:52:23 MDT 2005

Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
>>So, ideally I would like data bandwidth to FRII and
>>have some channels
>>dynamically allocated to the PSTN. Or, if that isn't
>>possible, have a
>>few channels dedicated to the PSTN.
>

> I just looked online and it appears as if Asterisk
> does support this particular card. Apparently one of
> the configurations is related to what channel to use,
> so I'm wondering if it is possible to configure
> asterisk to use four lines of the card. The question
> then becomes, can you set up some other service on
> that box to bridge the remaining channels to your LAN?

As far as the Sangoma and the OS, it appears to be possible (and pretty
straightforward) to mix voice & data. I've installed their drivers and
went through their ncurses config tool and it's pretty nice (I did this
without a card installed).

  The part I don't fully understand is the provisioning of the line itself.

Thanks,

-Jeff