[NCLUG] Wanted: DMT DSL Modem. Cisco 678?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jan 15 21:30:39 MST 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 07:20:04PM -0800, Matt Taggart wrote:
>Oh? I just set one up here but haven't used it much. What symptoms were you
>seeing?

There are some configuration issues where it either doesn't take settings
when you save them, or it changes some settings when you set other ones.
It gets worse as you change more things, so setting up the wireless, which
is involved in more setting up, tends to cause more problems.

There are also some issues with setting up the DHCP server.  ant is having
problems with the domain name or DNS servers.  Something whacky like that.
I have mine set up pretty minimally, no WiFi, a single IP address publicly
exposed.  It's just been working, and that setup didn't run into much in
the way of the config.

 Tools may limit the user, but the utility of tools is limited by the
 skill of the user.  -- Leonard Compagno