[NCLUG] Qwest Basic Static IP address question.

Stephen Queen svq at peakpeak.com
Fri Jan 28 13:10:11 MST 2005

Currently I use peakpeak.com as my ISP. From a recent
discussion on this list, I have been influenced to look at
qwest basic. With peakpeak, I have 2 static IP addresses.
One is for the modem (Cisco 678) and one is for my router (
a dedicated linux box). If I only had one address, I could
not ssh directly to my linux box. Looking at the choices for
static IP addresses from qwest, I can either have 1, 8 or
more. Since I don't want to pay for a lot of unused
addresses, do I really need more than one, and if not how
will I ssh to my linux box? I asked the person at qwest, but
he had no idea what I was talking about.

Stephen Queen