[NCLUG] DSL modem + Wireless Router setup

S. Luke Jones slukejones at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:25:20 MDT 2006

Yes, Sean, Chad, and Bob are all right. The web interface is a little
confusing. It allows you to specify all 4 fields of the LAN-side
address, but only the fourth quad of the DHCP address range. (That is,
it looks like you can change it to 192.168.2.1 but the DHCP server
would only supply addresses to other LAN clients in the 192.168.1.*
series.) But, when you "save" the change to the router's LAN-side
address to 192.168.2.1 then it updates the config for the DHCP server
so it now supplies addresses in 192.168.2.*.

And I'm now typing this into Google mail from my FC5 box so now it's
(very vaguely) a Linux question. Kind of. Barely.

--
Luke Jones  slukejones at gmail.com (609)439-7856