[NCLUG] spam help

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Sep 10 02:21:43 MDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:26:17PM -0300, jeff wrote:
>there is quite a bit of inertia to get /out/ of it. How did you go about
>the migration of everyone's accounts and passwords? I'm not doing mysql/pg,

Well, vpopmail stores it's e-mail in maildir formats, so you could easily
copy the maildirs over.  There's also the vpasswd files for each domain,
which stores at least the encrypted password, and optionally also the
unencrypted.  When migrating to vPostMaster, you can easily enough use the
"vpmuser" shell command to script adding users.

Another way you can migrate mail is to use fetchmail to pull users current
mail over to the new server.

Thanks,
 The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact
 that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol.