[NCLUG] Ubuntu 8.04 - CLI mode

William Greger billjgreger at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:56:05 MDT 2008

Brian, Bob -

  Thank you for your responses.
I also tried to find the  /etc/inittab  file, but without success.
Do you know where I can find a copy of an  inittab  file?  Then I can make the appropriate edits to a copy.  Will Ubuntu respond to the  inittab  file (since it is not included in the install CD-ROM)?

  My other option is to use the GUI, bring up a terminal window, then  source ~/.login
I have done this and it works.

Bill Greger