[NCLUG] Slow Firefox on Fedora 11

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 6 20:52:19 MDT 2009

On 07/06/2009 08:43 PM, bsimpson at att.net wrote:
> I set network.dns.disableIPv6 to true in about:config, and now I
> have a usable browser!  No more delays!

Nice that that fixed it.  Note that I haven't had any such issues with
firefox on my F11 system.

>   hosts:      files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns

That might not be what you want.  On my F11 system it's:

   hosts:      files dns

If it's not causing problems, you can probably leave it.  If you are using
zero-conf/bonjour/avahi for anything, then you definitely need to leave it.
I'd be tempted to disable it if it were me, but I'm not using zero-conf.