[NCLUG] Still haven't found

Brent Wilkins brent.wilkins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:13:31 MDT 2012

I just set one up to be shared from an Ubuntu 12.04 machine to a
Windows Vista, Windows 7, and a Linux Mint machine. I haven't actually
tested printing from any of the remote Linux machines, but if Linux is
sharing with windows, then I assume sharing with Linux isn't hard.

On the machine with the printer I opened localhost:631/admin in a
browser. I enabled printer sharing & sharing over the Internet. On the
Windows machines I added a new printer via URL. Something like
http://192.168.1.x:631/printers/<printer name>. The machines were all
able to find the Ubuntu box & print to it.

Brent Wilkins