[NCLUG] Hard drive recovery

Michael Coffman coffman at ftc.avagotech.com
Mon Jun 18 17:02:41 MDT 2012

Hello,

Any suggestions on where to take or send a laptop hard drive to try and
get data recovered from it?   I don't know the actual state of the drive
as it isn't mine.   I have zero experience with laptops or trying to get
data from one that is 'broken'.   The person has taken it to officemax and
bestbuy and they both said the drive could not be read.   Any
recommendations for a local hardware guru that could maybe extract data
from the disks would be greatly appreciated.

-MichaelC