WordPress Help

Bill Thorson bill at tstorms.com
Wed Mar 22 16:07:21 UTC 2023

NCLUGers,

I have only done one WordPress site and that was 12 years ago.  It is
grossly out of date (WP 3.0.4) and insecure because I've not kept up.
It is not a widely known site on purpose and luckily not had any
problems.  Now I am moving it to the cloud  and the latest version of
WordPress (WP 6.1.1).  I've got it mostly done but am searching for the
solution for one page.

This website is in support of two scientific mailinglists that I've been
running for 30 years.  These are private lists and I only consider
membership if they fill out all the info in a special form (see below).
The page saves the request in a sqlite3 db, emails the info to the admin
(me), and submits a request for membership to the selected mailman list.

Back then I used a plugin called "Shortcode Exec PHP" to do the form.
It saves the information to a sqlite3 db and also sends info to the
admin (me).  It looks like "Shortcode Exec PHP" has not been updated
since 2015.  Should I still be using it or is there a better way.

Thanks!

Bill
--
/"Bill the son of Thor and grandfather of Odysseus"
/